A common question that I have been asked time & again is how to become certified Oracle Database Administrator, therefore, I have decided to do this blog post explaining what is the Oracle DBA Certification path?
Hopefully, it will help you in understanding the different steps that you need to complete to finally become Oracle certified professional.
Now, I have already explained the generic Eligibility criteria for Oracle Database Certification as well as what is the eligibility criteria for Oracle Database Administrator Certification. You can read both for better knowledge and decision making. So let’s move ahead to the Oracle DBA certification path to know the route towards becoming Oracle certified DBA professional.
* Please note: The Oracle Database 10g software version has expired & hence certifications for it are no longer offered. However you can go for the upgraded 11g version.
Become Oracle Database Administrator Certified Associate – OCA Certificate!
The first part of Oracle DBA certification path involves taking your OCA exam and becoming an Oracle Certified Associate. The steps involved here are:
- Step 1 – After completing the required online or in-class instructor-led training you need to clear any one of these exams. The Oracle DBA exam code for each is – 1Z0-047 Oracle Database SQL Expert, 1Z0-051 Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I and 1Z0-061 Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals.
- Step 2 – After completing the above step next you have to pass a second exam once you have completed the instructor-led training accordingly. The exam code for this is 1Z0-052 Oracle Database 11g: Administrator I
After you have completed step 2 and cleared the exam you get Oracle 11g OCA certification. This makes you eligible for the next and final set of steps that ultimately makes you a certified Oracle DBA professional.
That’s all about Oracle 11g OCA certification path. Now let’s move on to the second part of Oracle DBA certification path.
Finally! Become Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional – OCP Certificate!
The final part of Oracle DBA certification path includes you to fulfill certain steps to at last become Oracle Database 11g administrator certified professional.
- Step 1 – Complete your online or in-class instructor-led training for one of the courses approved by Oracle and listed on their website. Usually, it is recommended to go for Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II as it is quite comprehensive but you can choose for yourself as well. To learn about all the approved courses you can check out this link
- Step 2 – After the due completion of the above step next, you have to clear your OCP exam. The Oracle DBA exam code for this is 1Z0-053 Oracle Database 11g: Administration II.
- Step 3 – And finally you have to fill a course submission form in order to acquire your Oracle 11g OCP certification. This course submission form generates a permanent record in Oracle’s certification database indicating that you have met all Oracle DBA certification requirements and hence can be ultimately awarded Oracle Certified DBA Professional certificate.
You can read more about the course submission form here
Hooray! You Are Now Officially Oracle DBA Certified Professional!
Once you finish all the steps involved in Oracle 11g OCP certification path you are awarded an OCP certificate. Now your Oracle DBA 11g Certification is officially complete. That’s all about Oracle DBA Certification Path & how you become an Oracle Certified DBA professional.
In case you want to take a different route then you can read about Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certification Path. Also if you are wondering about Oracle DBA certification dumps then I would suggest you refer to my blog Do you have dumps for Oracle database certification?
Your invaluable suggestions are always welcome. If you have any other queries regarding Oracle Database Certification then feel free to drop an email or you can even Tweet it to me. Thanks & have a great day!