By Manish Sharma
SQL functions are divided into two categories
- Single Row Functions
- Multiple row function which is also known as aggregate functions.
Single Row Functions.
- Single-row functions operate on one row at a time and return one row of output for each input row.
- Single row functions are capable of manipulating data items and modifying the data types.
- Single row functions return one result per row and act on each row that is returned.
- Single row functions can accept one or more arguments and return one value.
- These arguments can be a column or an expression.
With oracle we have 5 types of Single Row Functions
- Character Functions
- Number Functions
- General Functions
- Conversion Functions and
- Date Functions.
Character Functions are further divided into two categories.
- Case- manipulation functions
- Character Manipulation functions.
We have 3 case manipulation functions.
- upper () and
- initcap ()
and 7 character manipulation functions Sql functions
- lpad() | rpad(),
- trim ()and